Richard studied Law at Sheffield University and then attended Nottingham Law School.
Following this, Richard joined Enoch Evans LLP in July 2007, qualified as a Solicitor in 2009 , he became a Partner with the Firm on 1st October 2012.
Richard is also the Senior Responsible Officer (‘SRO’) for the Firm’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme.
Any specific areas of expertise within practice area
- Inheritance Tax planning and advice
- Asset protection and Care fees
- Administration of Estates
- Forming and administration of Trusts
- Preparation and administration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection applications and administration
- Acting personally as a Trustee, Attorney and Deputy for clients
Richard also has experience in dealing with estates that contain:-
- Limited Companies, AIM shares and Lloyd’s Names
- Business and Agricultural Property Relief claims
- Gifts out of Income, Lifetime Gifts and a variety of Trusts used to mitigate Inheritance
- LLB, Solicitor and Fully Accredited SFE Member
Professional memberships & accreditations
- SRO for WIQS.
- Inaugural member of BLS Private Client Committee
What you offer your clients
Richard’s clients find his personable nature and ability to explain complex legal issues in a straightforward manner a great help to them when looking at either getting their own affairs in order, or dealing with the affairs of a family member.
Why you love what you do
Richard loves meeting people and problem solving.
In his spare time Richard enjoys spending time with his young family and is interested in all sports, particularly football, which he plays and watches as much as possible. Richard is also a devoted supporter of Darlington 1883, much to most people’s amusement.