Steve started his career as a Trainee Solicitor at Enoch Evans in 2008, he qualified as a Solicitor in July 2010, and has built up his reputation in this practice area. He was promoted to Partner in 2012.
Steve’s growing team deals with all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution, and both Steve and his team are recognised in the Legal 500, the independent guide to law firms in the UK.
Any specific areas of expertise within practice area
- Commercial Disputes
- Commercial Property Disputes, including Dilapidations claims and breaches of covenant
- Partnership and Director/Shareholder Disputes
- Injunctive relief applications
- Professional Negligence claims
- Intellectual property disputes
- Employment Law, including:
- Contractual disputes
- Discrimination and whistleblowing
- Handling complex employment Tribunal cases
- Restrictive covenants and the breach of contractual or implied terms
- Non-contentious and Human Resource issues
- Strategic advice on redundancy and restructuring exercises; and
- The TUPE implications of corporate transactions
- Higher Rights of Audience
- Dementia Friend and Champion
Professional memberships & accreditations
- Higher Rights of Audience
- Member of Walsall Law Association Committee
What you offer your clients
Steve offers practical and commercially astute advice underpinned by technical expertise and experience.
He has the complete skillset any business or individual needs to face their dispute head on.
Why you love what you do
Steve enjoys the variety of the work and the fascinating topics that he needs to understand in order to advance his client’s case.
No two pieces of work are the same.
Out of work Steve, is the Chairman at a local Swimming Club, he is involved in a local Scout Group.
He also is a RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Trainer/Assessor and an ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher!
Anything else you would like to include?
Recent Experience/notable work:
- Defending a company against a multi-million pound claim brought in negligence that settled in mediation.
- Bringing claims on behalf of a PLC for breaches of contract.
- Defending a substantial claim from a commercial landlord for dilapidation at the expiry of a lease.
- Defending a company in complex employment tribunal litigation concerning allegations of unfair dismissal, sex and disability discrimination.
- Defending an organisation against a claim for constructive unfair dismissal.
- Bringing a claim on behalf of an employee against a large corporation in respect of unfair dismissal, disability discrimination and victimisation.
- Bringing a claim on behalf of an employee against a local authority in respect of unfair dismissal, disability discrimination, whistleblowing and victimisation.
- Defending an ex parte application made for injunctive relief by way of Search Order and a claim in damages arising out of alleged breaches of restrictive covenants, including delivery up and disclosure of documents seized pursuant to that order by forensic data investigators.
- Defending an application made for injunctive relief, delivery up overseen by a Supervising Solicitor and a claim in damages arising out of a breach of contract claim by a PLC.
- Defending an application made for injunctive relief and a claim arising out of local political elections.